Yoga Courses in India
Yoga, a Sanskrit word meaning “union” is primarily associated with “asanas”, or exercises that aim towards achieving a higher standard of health and concentrates on the emotional and psychological health of a patient along with his physical condition. The practice of yoga has been prevailing in India from several centuries though yoga as a career option has become popular in the recent past because of its curative powers.
A huge number of courses on yoga are offered by several yogic institutions all over the country. The major courses and their details are:
· Diploma Course in Yoga Therapy
· Diploma course in Yoga Education / Yogic studies
· Teacher Training in Yoga therapy( certificate course in Yoga therapy)
· B.A/B.S.C in Yoga therapy, Eligibility: graduation, preferably in Philosophy
· M.A/M.S.C in yoga therapy, Eligibility: B.A/ B.S.C in yoga therapy
The major institutes offering courses on yoga are –
· Dr. Harsingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Gour Nagar, Sagar (M.P.)
· Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar (Uttaranchal)
· North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon (Maharashtra)
· University of Pune, Pune (Maharashtra)
· Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh)
· Shivaji University, Vidyanagar, Kolhapur (Maharashtra
· Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar (Gujarat)
· Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Agra (U.P.)
· Alagappa University, Alagappa Nagar, Karaikudi (Tamil Nadu)
· Shri Venkateshwara University, Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh)
· Awadesh Pratap Singh University, Rewa (Madhya Pradesh)
· Gujarat Vidyapeeth, Ahmedabad (Gujarat)
· Karnataka University, Dharwad (Karnataka)
· MJP Rohilkhand University, Bareilly (U.P.)
· Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla (H.P.)
· Mangalore University, Mangalagangotri, (Karnataka)
· University of Mumbai, MG road, Fort, Mumbai
· Antahpragnya, East of Kailash, New Delhi
· Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Vidyapeeth Bhavan, Gultekadi, Pune (Maharashtra)
· Bihar Yoga Bharati Institute for Advanced Studies in Yogic Sciences
· Yoga University, India – Yoga Vidya Gurukul, Nasik, Maharashtra
Health and fitness have become areas of major concern in the fast paced life of today. Yoga, probably the oldest fitness regime existing in the world can provide solution to all such health problems. These courses on yoga train individuals about every nuances of yogic posture, meditation and breathing exercises, thus making them competent as trainers.
Scope in India:
Yoga can offer two major kinds of career, one in the field of research and training and another as a yoga therapist, one who cures ailments through yoga. As the craze for yoga is rising several vistas are opening for yoga professionals. One can get a job as an instructor in resorts, schools, health centers and even TV channels. Starting a yoga therapy center of one’s own is another good career option. In India a beginner usually starts with a remuneration of Rs.10,000 which eventually goes up to Rs.40,000 – Rs.50,000.
The concern for health is even higher in the western countries. As yoga has no side effect it is becoming immensely popular among the western people. Starting a Yoga therapy center in west is a very profitable career option. Many public figures like film actors or politicians appoint their personal yoga instructors. For a well trained personnel sky is the only limit with regards to earning money.
On this page, we have tried to list all the major institutes and colleges that provide Yoga courses in India. We have tried our best to provide accurate and updated details about the institutes that offer courses in Yoga. However, if you encounter any discrepancy,do write to us. We welcome any kind of feedback that would improve the quality of the site,a site that strives to provide the best information on Yoga courses in India.